I was so happy when Half-Price Books came to Rockwall, and today, I finally got to go there. (Thanks, Jane, for watching Robert while I ran errands.) Half-Price Books still has that new-store smell, and it is attractively and appealingly merchandised. They have the same kind of scruffy-looking employees as in every other Half-Price Books I’ve been in, so that’s comforting. I somehow got the idea that this one was going to have a coffee shop, but it doesn’t, so that was a little disappointing. I got $32 for two boxes of books, which I’ll count as a victory since I got most of them off of freecycle, or they were given to me. If you’ve never sold books there before, be prepared to be shocked at how little they pay. Still, if you’re an avid reader and don’t want to go to the trouble of selling them on eBay or Amazon yourself, Half is a good, easy, quick option. I can’t wait to gather up another load and go back.
- RT @STACIELY68: @judgedlb thank you so much Judge Bridge for investing your time in my students and sending us a picture for our #Read2Lead…Recent tweets 6 hours ago
- @J_Dot_J Good luck! I bet you’ll be fine if you’re there early. We did the Kroger in my neighborhood this afternoon… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…Recent tweets 1 day ago
- RT @judgedlb: Campaigning in El Paso this morning, ending the day campaigning in Texarkana. 814 miles and friends all across Texas. #worki…Recent tweets 1 day ago
- @young_litigator @blawlawlaw @LeifTheTank What do you consider small talk?Recent tweets 2 days ago
- RT @judgedlb: I shared my journey and campaign with a great group of Republicans last night. Thank you. #elpasoGOP #votebridges https://t.c…Recent tweets 2 days ago