I was so happy when Half-Price Books came to Rockwall, and today, I finally got to go there. (Thanks, Jane, for watching Robert while I ran errands.) Half-Price Books still has that new-store smell, and it is attractively and appealingly merchandised. They have the same kind of scruffy-looking employees as in every other Half-Price Books I’ve been in, so that’s comforting. I somehow got the idea that this one was going to have a coffee shop, but it doesn’t, so that was a little disappointing. I got $32 for two boxes of books, which I’ll count as a victory since I got most of them off of freecycle, or they were given to me. If you’ve never sold books there before, be prepared to be shocked at how little they pay. Still, if you’re an avid reader and don’t want to go to the trouble of selling them on eBay or Amazon yourself, Half is a good, easy, quick option. I can’t wait to gather up another load and go back.
- RT @AdviceToWriters: In #writing, punctuation plays the role of body language. It helps readers hear you the way you want to be heard. RUSS…Recent tweets 8 hours ago
- RT @SCOTUSPlaces: This. This. This. twitter.com/JusticeWillett…Recent tweets 1 day ago
- RT @rubot: btw, the best statue in the world is the monument to rats used for DNA research in Russia https://t.co/NEEY9qbCOQRecent tweets 2 days ago
- On the plane to South Bend! #goirish🍀 instagram.com/p/BX5qS0FD13rL…Recent tweets 3 days ago
- I still can't believe this is real. About to leave for the airport to take @abigailawhite to NOTRE DAME! #GoIrishRecent tweets 3 days ago