I was so happy when Half-Price Books came to Rockwall, and today, I finally got to go there. (Thanks, Jane, for watching Robert while I ran errands.) Half-Price Books still has that new-store smell, and it is attractively and appealingly merchandised. They have the same kind of scruffy-looking employees as in every other Half-Price Books I’ve been in, so that’s comforting. I somehow got the idea that this one was going to have a coffee shop, but it doesn’t, so that was a little disappointing. I got $32 for two boxes of books, which I’ll count as a victory since I got most of them off of freecycle, or they were given to me. If you’ve never sold books there before, be prepared to be shocked at how little they pay. Still, if you’re an avid reader and don’t want to go to the trouble of selling them on eBay or Amazon yourself, Half is a good, easy, quick option. I can’t wait to gather up another load and go back.
- RT @0canom: "Truth draws strength from itself and not from the number of votes in its favor." -Pope Emeritus Benedict XVIRecent tweets 2 hours ago
- @J_Dot_J I would have called Orkin before I tweeted.Recent tweets 17 hours ago
- RT @mattcashore: My daughter said to tweet this one: https://t.co/ymMoyGqclKRecent tweets 20 hours ago
- RT @SCOTUSMap: Thomas: Genius is not putting a ten-cent idea in a twenty-dollar sentence. Genius is putting a twenty-dollar idea in ten-cen…Recent tweets 2 days ago
- @dave__esq @LittlestCiszek St. Raphael the Archangel catholic.org/saints/saint.p…. Also St Lucy. 👀Recent tweets 2 days ago